Sunday, July 08, 2007

Ok, so today Pastor Steve's son Christopher spoke. And he was talking about the new generation of 20's and 30's, and there is a word for it and I can't remember what it is, but it starts with an M. Mediocracity or something like that. Just how that era has questions about God and sometimes you just have to say "I don't know." So he challenged us to "push away from the table" and step out. Buy someone you don't know lunch and just talk to them. Have someone you don't know (your neighbors?) over for a bbq. God will use someone, is it going to be you?
So we had lunch at church today and it was GREAT as usual. Anyway, there was a girl going through the buffet line and as always I was telling her how good the spinach dip was and just talking and getting drinks, etc. So I went to the desert table and there she was sitting by herself. So I stopped and asked her if she was with someone and she said no so I asked her to join us. She was soooo interesting! She was from New Orleans, had to evacuate to Houston, a resident with UAMS in Fayetteville in Family Practice and she was looking for a church and ours was the 4th one she visited and the best so far. We had a great visit and gave her our info in case she needs something "fixed" or just whatever since she's here by herself. I hope she enjoyed it as much as I did.
Anyway, Christopher said to blog about your experience so, I did. And as we go on vacation next week I'm going to look for God in the unusual places and I'll just bet He'll give me the opportunity. I'll call it God's ventures for Jan. :)

2 comments:

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

What a cool experience God brought your way.

Julius Family said...

You continue to bless those around you Jan. Your obedience is such an inspiration.