Sunday, March 29, 2009

An anniversary of a different kind.

5 years ago today this was a Sunday, March 28th. We had had Eric to the Dr 4 times in the past week and a half trying to find out the reason for his night sweats, lack of energy, unexplained fever, weight loss and the lump that had "appeared" on his collarbone. It wasn't a virus, no "Cat Scratch Fever" (yes, that is an illness>) 5 years ago I was standing in the kitchen looking into our living room at Eric. A thought, no more like a statment, was dropped into my mind "your life is about ready to change." I remember physically shaking my head thinking "that wasn't me, where did that come from?" Of course I knew the next day it was the Lord giving me a heads up. And boy did it change! You always hear people say their biggest learning and growing experiences are through trials. We as a family grew by leaps and bounds during the more intense 6 months and we've not stopped since. Cancer sucks. It always will. And though we mourn what was stolen from Eric, we also had many good experiences and met people we never would have. We have been given the opportunity to minister and relate to others because of our experiences. You have too.

3 comments:

Julius Family said...

Still cry when I read about that day.. I remember the air being sucked out of my lungs and all I could say was, Can I come over? Can I see Eric?... it still makes me cry... with tears of joy and pride and of faith... you are a blessing....

TheDorothyFamily said...

Thank God you came. Eric needed his first grade teacher. You are a great distraction, one that we needed DESPARATELY on that day and going forward. We'll never forget everything your family did for us Cathy. We love you guys!

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

And I remember Sarah getting the call while they were visiting us for spring break. Thanking God for the end of that story. :-)