Two words that don't seem like they go together do they? Y'all and COLD...... But y'all it IS now! I don't often wear my (FedEx issued) insulated bib overalls, especially not 4 days in a row! Ok, you folks from the north, quit laughing, it's 5 degrees with a -17 wind chill......cold even for you, yes?
Today it was icy. My deliveries consisted of pulling close to the curb where I could get out and walk only on snow to the residence. On one that was impossible. I'm sure I look foolish side stepping in front of a garage (where there was no ice), baby stepping over the ice then walking through their landscaping to the front door. The door opened and there stood the resident in his bathrobe as he said "that bad huh?" Apparently he took great pleasure in the antics it took to get his delivery made. It "absolutely positively" got there though! There was only one I didn't even attempt....I could see the hilly road was a sheet of ice......sorry dude, even for you not worth it!
Thinking warmer thoughts!
1 comment:
be careful out there!! I feel guilty that we had something delivered yesterday but I did go clear the walk because I knew it was coming!!
I can't believe this crazy weather! Dad said he remembers being out for 10 days following a Christmas break. He said he remembers it because they had done all the heavy cleaning over the official break and had nothing really to do during those 10 days..no kids to mess it all up! funny.
Post a Comment