Monday, March 29, 2010

The worst day of our lives.....

Hey Cathy, remember this?


We were purging Eric's closet Saturday and he pulled this shirt out and said "why did we keep this?" The emotions just got a hold of me and I started to cry......he did the right thing and just came over and held me. This is the shirt Eric was wearing on March 29th 2004, the day he was diagnosed with cancer. I kept it so we could remember how big (or little) he was. And this shirt was big on him! Pretty tough on a 7 year old......and his parents! I told Eric it took a lot of effort to get the snaught stains off the front, and on his sleeves. He never wore it again.
It was however, one of the biggest times of growth our family has ever experienced.

On a lighter note, we had a funny thing happen to us tonight. I was taking Eric to Orchestra rehearsal and we were going past the Springdale High School which is next to a large established park with a large pond with wildlife and fish, etc. All of a sudden WHAM against Eric's window in the car. A mallard duck hit the car! Eric threw his hands up and said "WHAT WAS THAT?!" I saw the green ring around his neck so I knew what it was. We both just cracked up laughing, I mean, who gets hit by a duck??????!!! If his window would have been open we would have had a large feathered passenger. We certainly had a good laugh out of that one.

Have a great week!

P.S. The car is fine. Duck however........well, I went back by and it was sitting in the yard in front of the house where he lost his equilibrium......poor feller, hope he's ok..................!

1 comment:

Julius Family said...

Oh Jan.. the tears are flowing. I do remember that day and the minute I saw the shirt.. well, I remember the moment. God is great and has blessed us so much! Tell Eric I love him!