Tuesday, June 29, 2010

"Be Still and Know that I am God" That's been the Dorothy mantra for awhile now. Going on 7 years waiting to adopt Andika, 9 years in this house. Sometimes I get antsy and tired of "being still." It's in those times I always find a penny. At no other time do I find one, just when I need a little encouragement from the Lord. I call them my "Jesus pennies" and when I find one I always say "thanks Lord for reminding me it it YOU that is in control!"

Friday I was delivering at XNA when I looked over and saw Meghi, the (now adult) adopted daughter of our Romanian missionary Sue. Meghi was on the trip I was on to Romania in 2004. We were both delightlfully surprised as I hadn't seen her in about a year. Meghi was on her way to Romania to see her brothers and sisters AND said she was going to see our daughter! Her friend took our picture to show Andika and I got to give Meghi a hug and a personal message to tell Andika I loved her. Wow, what a boost to my day!

As I was driving past the terminal I realized I had dropped my scanning wand when I threw my dolly in the truck. Fortunately I was able to pull over in the permit parking in order to walk back and get it. When I slid open my door I looked down and saw......you guessed it, a penny almost buried in the dirt! Had I not dropped my scanner I wouldn't have had to pull over in the exact spot where God had a penny just waiting for me letting me know "see I've got this all under control."

Be encouraged :)

Jan

No comments: