Sunday, January 22, 2012

This morning in church the Lord gave me a word picture of me.  It's about a battery that creates "false memory."  When you get a new electronic device you plug it in to fully charge the battery.  You don't take it off the charger before it is full or you create a "false memory" which just means that if you took it off the charger and it was only charged at 50 %, the next time you went to charge it, it would start at where it left off.  So really you're only running your device at half  rather than a full charge. The only way to get it back to running on a full charge is to run your device clear to empty then let it charge fully before taking it off the charger.

There is probably an easier way to technically explain all of that but that's how a woman does it.  :)

So back to my word picture. I believe some of us are at the point of "why?"  Why are things happening to us (me) why aren't you speaking to me God?  Why can't I hear YOU?  Why can't I be stronger?  Why do I (we)  have to go thru this again and again and again?
It's there that I got the picture.  It was like He was saying "how full are you?  Do you have a false memory?     When you are completely empty do you fully charge or just half charge until you feel like you can cope and take yourself off the charger?"    You know what false memory is?  Temporary.  Yeah, I'm getting it now.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Thanks, Jan! I needed this.

Sarah said...

Thanks, Jan! I needed this.