Sooo a lot has happened in the last (almost) 24 hours, way to much to post on facebook so I'll do the linky thing.
Wednesday last week I noticed Eric felt a little hot but, then, it's hot outside right? Friday morning about 4:30am he woke me and his fever was 101.4. So I gave him Tylenol, a cold wash cloth and he went to bed. He said he woke up about 8 shaking all over and was cold. I thought "good, your fever broke," he took another Tylenol, slept some more, drank lots of water and the fever continued to go down. Then Friday night I saw his urine and it definitely was not right....like blood in it. So off we went to the E.R. at Mercy in Rogers. When we got there I noticed the whites of his eyes were YELLOW. (They did too.) They did bloodwork there as well as a CT scan with contrast. His liver enzymes were high and his bilirubin was WAY elevated and he was anemic. Given Eric's history they asked if they could consult with Arkansas Children's Hospital and get their advice. They did and recommended we be transferred to ACH that night. (Well it was 1:30am) So we came home packed a suitcase, fed the animals and took clothes off the clothesline and left around 2am.
We got to ACH about 5:30am and were the ONLY ones in the waiting room. Talk about God's favor! They started taking blood right away then a pee test, then a chest x-ray, then an ultrasound of his belly. Then they took more blood. Then he got iv fluids. Then they took more blood. (I'm not joking.) Then they give him more fluids, then they took more blood. They were very concerned because his heart rate was 90-120. So (really) they took more blood. Finally they determined he has a blood issue called Hemolysis. They are however still trying to figure out what causes it and we haven't been told yet how it is treated. Just that they are growing blood cultures and that takes a few days.
In the meantime, we've been admitted to the Hem/Onc floor.......again! On a positive note, they have all of Eric's records for the Hodgkins and the I.T.P. On a really positive note? This is a new (1 year old) wing and the rooms are huge and each has it's own full bathroom, fold out bed, rocking chair and fold out into a bed chair. (That I've slept on before and always needed a chiropractic adjustment when we got home:) Doug and I have been up since 7 and 5:30 Friday morning. Yes we are exhausted! And we just finally ate. Eric couldn't due to possible tests they would need to run so we didn't either. We are all fed and the boys are sleeping and I'm researching, which can be very scary. His blood counts are not good and he is even more anemic. He may need a blood transfusion. Which is ironic because the entire time he was being treated for Hodgkins he never needed one. (I hear that's very rare.)
We covet your prayers. Eric HATES to be sick and this just pushes all the buttons of fear, etc etc etc. For all of us really.
A HUGE thank you for the prayers, phone calls and facebook comments. Please keep them coming. And for those of you that have Eric's phone number, please text and encourage him. I think that would help the most right now for him.
God is good, ALL the time!
Jan
2 comments:
Praying for Eric's speedy recovery and for you and Doug for strength to overcome all fear.
Praying for you all. The new rooms sound very nice! Praying the Lord's peace that passes understanding to cover all of you. Tell him Kendall can totally relate to hating being sick and in the hospital. Sounds like you are in the best of medical hands.
Post a Comment