Last Monday Eric's Hemoglobin was 13 PTL!
Today it was 12.7 which was still fine per Dr S. His reticulyte count was down as well, and that is a very good thing! So his marrow has slowed in making (reticulyting I think she called it) red blood cells but his Hemoglobin is near to maintaining on his own.
Today Dr Succente said Eric is an "enigma" that they can't figure out medically. They have team meetings with the Hemoc/Oncology doctors and they all say his is a mystery. If he hadn't had the last CT scan showing the enlarged lymph node and waiting on the pathology report she would have treated him with steroids. Which in and of itself isn't horrible, but the side effects are many and she really wanted to avoid them if possible. I told her we had a very large group of people praying for him and that just maybe that was the reason he is recovering on his own! She said she would accept that possibility because she couldn't explain it medically. :) They also drew blood to send to Children's Hospital Lab in Cincinnati for research. She is hoping if there is a cell or gene or whatever labs do that they can identify it.
So unless he shows symptoms we will have labs drawn locally in 1 month and go back to ACH in 2 months. Hallelujah! Although I have to admit I LOVE this time with my son, I mean who wouldn't love spending 7 hours in a car with me?!
That is the latest for now and we will take it! Again, thank you for praying for our boy.
Jan
No comments:
Post a Comment