Well today we learned of a new season we'll be going thru in the Dorothy family. Doug had a colonoscopy this morning. He has a tumor in his rectum which is "probably" cancerous. They immediately put in a call to the surgeon as they want him to be seen asap. He said they will shrink the tumor with chemo and radiation and then do surgery to remove it. They went ahead and did blood work and a chest x-ray today, we were told he would have to have that done before he could start treatment.
This next part may be TMI, so you are warned. I am only telling you this to let you know if you are having issues do NOT put off your colonoscopy! He has been having the "urge" to go several times per day with very little results each time. It started probably around the first of the year but just started getting worse the end of May and into June. I scheduled the colonoscopy about the time Eric got sick but they couldn't move it up anyway so we just kept the July appointment. And if you know Doug, he is soooo bullheaded, he wouldn't even entertain the thought of a colonoscopy until May.....I tried :)
So again, I'm asking you to put us (Doug) on your prayer list.
Thank you so much!
Jan
No comments:
Post a Comment