Thursday, May 15, 2014

Behind, just wayyyyy behind.

Yes, life has gotten a little more back to "normal."  I went to Romania (AWESOME, JUST AWESOME) but that will have to be in a post with pictures (lots of pictures) of it's own.  If you are on facebook there are some great ones. 

Medically I will catch up.  I go back and read previous posts and think "I am so glad I blogged that!"

Today we had an appointment with Dr Treptow, the surgeon.  He did an exam (use your imagination - can you say uncomfortable?)  He said it's better than it has been and he believes the disruption has filled in.  Doug is still having some drainage but Dr Treptow said that is normal.  So the plan is for
Dr Treptow and Dr Stagg (the Dr that did the first colonoscopy) to go in (gently) and take a look so they can actually see that everything has filled in.  Also they will do a balloon procedure to expand the anus because in cases like this it shrinks when it hasn't been used.  The balloon procedure will probably have to be done several times.  I asked if they would be able to take pictures (like they do when you have a colonoscopy) and he said he isn't sure if that would be the instrument Dr Stagg would use, probably not but that is Dr Stagg's call.  All of this will be under general anesthesia, so Doug will be out.....and that is good!   And it's outpatient as well.

We like Dr Stagg but are so thankful that Dr Treptow will be present.  He knows more about Doug's innards than Doug does!

Doug is feeling better.  We measure it by month now.  He always tries a new activity but knows his limit and will definitely stop if it's something his body tells him "no" to.  He's working every day 8 plus hours per day (most days anyway.)  He's been fishing some and he and his wood crew are getting a lot of wood off of a lot in Bella Vista.  They are splitting it up there before it comes home so he has a size and weight limit he knows he can handle.  He ran the weed eater for just a little bit last weekend.   He tried mowing but that was a definite NO.    So yours truly gets to mow now.  I would rather mow than clean house!  Eric has the worst allergies and sneezes and coughs and runny eyes just when he steps outside so that's out for him :)

We are holding right now to hear from the doctors offices to schedule the procedure.

Your continue prayers for healing and for all these procedures to go well ar apprecialtedl


Thank you!  (and I will catch up:)

No comments: