Sunday, February 16, 2014

Let me back up a little.   Before Doug's surgery our Romania missionary (Sue) said she was taking a group on a trip on Spring break.  I was like woohoo, I bid that week off!   (At FedEx we have to bid our vacation in February for the next fiscal year which starts June 1.)   Every year I bid Spring break week off.  The only problem is, the school calendar isn't out by the time we have to bid so I bid what is "traditionally" Spring break week - the 3rd full week in March.  Then the school calendar came out and it had been changed to the 4th week.   Since that week goes fast I knew there was no way I could get that week and resigned myself to not going.  All this was of course contingent on Doug being well enough for me to leave him.  So follow me here, I now have the week prior to Spring break, the 3rd week in March.

When I was off in December I had bid the week after Christmas for vacation.  Since I was on FMLA my awesome manager hadn't put it in for vacation.  So when I got back I had a sheet in my mail slot that I still had 32 hours of vacation left to bid.  It was then that I figured out what had happened with my week in December.   Then I bid on the CSA job.  And got it.  Then I thought "I wonder if anyone in the office is off that week?  (There are only 3 of us-right now anyway, and courier's don't bid with csa's.)  And guess what?  It was OPEN!  So I put in for and got it.  Which meant I could GO TO ROMANIA on Spring break!!!!!   In addition to that, the leave date is March 20, the Thursday of the week before Spring break which, get this, I had bid in error.  But it's really not in error at all, it's all in the "meanwhile, God has all this under control!"   So how cool is that?  Go God!!! :)  I told my manager, "this has to be God, there is no way "I" could get all this to work out!"

The "only" thing I need to do is raise $2900.   You all know what we've been through since July 31st.  And our out of pocket costs are......large.   Needless to say there isn't a lot of "extra" funds laying around for me to jet off to Romania to see our daughter!  But God made a way for me to get the time off, Doug is feeling better each week (and is ok with me going) and I just know He will provide the funds.   If you would pray with me about this I would REALLY appreciate it.  And of course if you so feel led I am providing the donation information below.  God is good, ALL the time!


 Here are the details:

 $200 by Feb. 15...
$1500 by Feb 25
Balance of $1200 by March 10

The easiest way to give is online. Go to
www.ChristianLifeCathedral.com, scroll down and click on “Online Giving.” Fill out information and under “Categories & Funds” select “Other.” Enter your gift amount, and specify Jan Dorothy, Romania trip in the comments box. Of course, authorize and submit your information. Or if you would rather send a check you can make it out to Christian Life Cathedral and mail it. Just send me a message and I will get you my address.


No comments: