Sunday, October 26, 2014

Decision Made

After much prayer (thank you friends and family) we have decided to request an appointment at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN.     Actually I just now did that very thing.  Online.  I love technology....most of the time.  According to the website they will get back with Doug within 2 business days.    I am sure they will need his authorization due to HIPPA before they will even be able to speak with me.

We have yet to hear from the local office regarding an appointment for 2nd opinion.  Which quite honestly I feel like is confirmation that the 2nd opinion should be elsewhere anyway.

Also no decision made on the hyperbaric chamber treatment.

That is the very latest on the continuing saga of the Dorothy family.   On a more pleasant note, we went to CHURCH this morning!  Never never never take for granted the ability to go to church.  I just cried.    Then this afternoon Mike and Ronda came over and finished mowing for me!  Love my family.  :)

We have a peace that this is the right decision for this time.  One of Doug's customers that has been to Mayo that we "happened" to see at the gas station today said  "they can do more in 2 weeks at Mayo than they can do in 2 months down here."  Even if the leak can't be fixed and he does end up with a permanent colostomy bag, we will be absolutely certain we have explored what we feel is the "best" facility / specialty hospital that can be trusted to give him the care / treatment he needs.

Thank you for your continued prayers.   We really thought we'd be finished with this season by now.  I guess God has more chapters for our story!

All kidding aside.  We really do covet your prayers.


Jan, Doug and Eric.

No comments: