Sunday, September 24, 2006

Friday late afternoon didn't go so well at the Dorothy house. The pictures of the roof are the result of some very high winds that only lasted about 4 minutes. However! Walnuts, shingles and branches as well as trampoline trash litter our yard.........and the neighbor's for that matter! Then it rained and rained and rained Friday night. Then another storm came through about 1030pm and another around 5 am. Eric HATES (emphasis on the hate) storms. So, needless to say he slept in our room. I use the word "slept" loosley here. And as you might imagine, mom didn't get much of it either. Then Saturday morning I went garage saleing with my sister-in-law. Talk about bargain city, we cleaned up. Got home to make a casserole for Doug's treasure hunter picnic. He got treasure hunter of the year for the 2nd year in a row. Came home to assist Doug and my brother in putting a huge tarp on the roof and pick up walnuts and sticks. I was going to give Eric an incentive while helping me, 10cents per walnut. The I realized I might go broke.........that's how many walnuts there were (are). Saturday evening I got to go out with 2 friends, first to Colton's to eat then to see Michael W. Smith in concert. It was GREAT! Wow, what talent and he can say sooo much in 2 minutes and a song. He is surely walking in obedience and God's best for him. This morning I got up and washed all the bedding on Andrea's bed. (The result of the leaking ceiling). I hung everything out, only to have to re-wash it due to the birds POOPING on it! Talk about frustrating. Oh well, the smell is worth it. (Sometimes!)
Church this morning was sooooo good. We had a great message on stepping out into what God has for you. So all in all a rough start and a nice ending. Oh yeah, I have to add this. Lately I've tried to be conscious of the fact that no matter where you are, God puts you there for a reason. You may never know what it is but just be aware. So before the concert, I was praying about that. I got to sit by a sweet older lady who was there all by herself. So I just introduced myself and started talking to her and we just hit it off. I just knew God planned that. Anyway, she was worried she would be towed because she was in a restricted parking area so she jetted as soon as the encore was over. I didn't get to say good-bye but I won't forget her. So, step out, it's not always about you (me)!
Have a great week
Jan

No comments: