

Mom and I went to a "Taste of Home" cooking seminar last Thursday night. It was fun and entertaining. We didn't win any door prizes but that's ok we had a good time. The place was packed and the Embassy had the chairs tooooo close together, which makes me want to vent my pet peeve (well, one of them :) There was a group of younger ladies (no offense you younger cousins) that had saved like 14 chairs, no biggie. But here's my peeve. When the show starts,
SHUT UP! Ok, I'm off my soapbox now. I didn't say anything but I turned and gave "the look". They did so I guess they got the message. Then, alright another pet peeve, the girl sitting next to me took a call during the show. I really didn't care to hear how her daughter shouldn't be "over there" she should be home doing her homework and how he'd "better go get her". That's not quite as bad as someone actually answering their phone in church. No lie, took the call and everyone heard her say "I'm still in church". Can you believe it? Doug and I just about croaked!
That was Thursday night. Friday night we went to "One Man Star Wars" at the Walton Arts Center. First I must give kudos to our 4 10year old boys. They did better than the 14 women the night before. And it was GREAT! We all laughed till our sides were splitting. Such talent and wit, he sang all the music, R2d2, C3PO,etc etc etc and kept everyone in stitches. So much fun as you can see by the pictures of these boys.
2 comments:
Next time, you need to take my daughter. Kisa has got up in the movie theater before and gone down to a row of noisy teens and told them to shut up or leave. She's completely fearless! I'm sure she'd have something to say to the person on the phone, too. We really need to teach people cell phone manners!
Toooo funny! When she becomes a mother she'll be a wonderful advocate for her child huh? I imagine some of that comes from her mother's side?????
Post a Comment