Wednesday, April 23, 2008

It's raining again

I need to remember I said this in July when it's terribly hot and dry. If you work outside you understand. In the last week I've been soaked, to the bone, twice. Then it gets to 75 plus degrees and the humidity starts. And yes, it's only April.
But I'd sure rather be hot than cold. Said from a true northener who's been wayyyyy too cold in her life. You guys can keep it!

Ok, done complaining. Speaking of complaining, did anyone else see on the Nightly News the church in KC that is distributing the rubber bracelets? They are purple and the goal is to be able to keep it on the same arm for 21 days. (That's supposed to be the time frame it takes to make or break a new habit.) If you complain, you have to switch it to the other arm. The Pastor said it took him 3 months to keep it on the same arm and he went through several (can't remember how many now) bracelets because he broke them. They are sending them out by the thousands daily.

I know, now you're going to think about it the next time you complain about something. I did!

Vacation next week WOOHOO! We are going to Iowa to fish. A co-worker today said it, "yeah, we all know Iowa is the hot spot to fish don't we?" Welllllll we're going to Doug's old stompin grounds where he and I used to fish when we were first married and I always caught the biggest catfish. I haven't "really" fished like with big ol' nightcrawlers and chubs since we moved here so I guess we'll see if I've lost my touch. Plus Doug is going to metal detect to his heart's content. He is excited. And if you know Doug, that's something to see!

2 papers, 6 discussion postings, 1 essay and 1 final left and I'm finished with Comp.II (again). THANK YOU JESUS!!!!!! I'm sure missing my go the the movie's night with my friends. We have a lot of lost time to make up for girls!

Ok, I'm finished rambling for now. Y'all have a great week.

Remember to pray for our ladies and guys in uniform.

Jan

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I want to wear one of those bracelets to a 10 YO baseball game. The umps are young kids and they are awfully tough on those 10 YO boys!! I would need several bracelets and I would probably lose track of the number of complaints!!

TheDorothyFamily said...

Can you imagine how positive the game would be if EVERYONE wore the bracelets?