Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Eric's favorite thing to do


We rented the "Guns and Roses" (aka "runs and roses") dvd. Eric plays along with it. And I've got to tell you, he's not bad! So in his 7 weeks off from school I'm sure we'll be getting in ALOT of guitar time. His plans (and mine) this summer? Guitar lessons till the 2nd week in July. Swimming lessons. Because in the summer of 2004 we missed some vital learning time. Thanks to Lisa for recommending an instructor that teaches older kids, a BIG answer to prayer. Daily AB workouts for both of us. Math tutoring from Grandpa John. First lesson was yesterday. When I picked him up he was witty and confident. (Right mom?) I'm going to need Grandpa John when I take college algebra! Clean his room for a garage sale. And movies. We love movies. Lots of movies. We have a daily "list." Don't always get it all done, but no biggie. After all, it's summer right? He's going to Great Day Skate place M-Tu-We. I asked Miss Rose to put him to work handing out skates and whatever else she needs him to do. Other days he'll go to work with dad. And work. Dad said he could buy a Nintendo DS. That is the absolute FIRST time dad has said yes to a portable video game. So, he's saving for that to the tune of $130. I told him I wouldn't contribute because he has the opportunity to earn it himself. Mean mom huh? Oh well! He's going to get good at sweeping floors.

And me? Keep up with the above. And thanks to Cathy's "list" and the opportunity to have a garage sale with my sisters in law. I'm cleaning out closets big time. I have empty tubs stationed around the house. One corner of the garage is filling up fast. I've read one book, we've made 2 trips to the library and I'm enjoying my son. What a great kid God blessed us with. Sure would like to get the other one home.

Have a great week!

Jan

No comments: