Wednesday, July 30, 2008
So last night after dark I was headed out to the clothesline. I stepped out onto the back porch to turn on the light as it shines out so I'm not completely in the dark. I'm fumbling around reaching for the pull chain on the ceiling fan and I hear Cat rustling his food and water dishes. I got the light on and looked down. It wasn't Cat. Well, I guess you could say it was kind of a cat. The kind that is black with a white stripe and a curled up tail pointed at ME! I screamed, turned off the light (don't ask me why?) and tried to run back in the house with the clothesbasket in my hand. Why didn't I drop it? I don't know. Only the clothesbasket got in the way and all I could imagine was Pepe le Pew running in the house under the clothesbasket. Well, thankfully he didn't and I SLAMMED the door, still in a state of panic praying "please don't spray, please don't spray." I hollered and Eric came running yelling for Doug who was out in the garage fixing the lawnmower. Mr calm as a cucumber said, "lets go look" and got the big spotlight. Eric on the other hand grabbed his BB gun! Needless to say that didn't go any farther and we all walked around the house me bringing up the rear trying to calm my heart which was about to come out of my chest. We didn't see (or smell) anything thankfully!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
All things bright and beautiful,
All creatures great and small,
All things wise and wonderful,
The Lord God made them all.
credit to Cecil F. Alexander...he wrote the words to that beautiful hymn! But I'm sure he never had a skunk on his back porch!!
I draw the line at skunks!
Post a Comment