Sunday, December 21, 2008

Still Here!

We (like you I'm sure) have been busy busy. And yes, this time of year I'm bleeding purple and orange. We, however, so far have ben spared the bad weather. It's just COLD (for Arkansas) here. Juil said the high in SE Iowa today is supposed to be 7. Degrees. Farenheit. So wind chill will be lower. I know some of you family are farther north. So sorry? Bundle up? Move south?!!!!

Backing up........we usually go to Iowa for Thanksgiving but stayed home and celebrated with my family at mom and dads and my cousin Jenni and Ray from Iowa. That was the first time we've ever gotten to celebrate a holiday with cousins from mom's side of the family. Jenni and Ray got us to playing cards in the afternoon and we had SOOOOO much fun. THANKS GUYS for a fun and memorable day!




Jenni and Ray at Thanksgiving


I had to work Black Friday but that didn't stop me. I got up and was at Staples at 5:50 standing in line with the other Black Friday nuts. Got everything I needed and still made it to work by 7:15. Doug and Eric did the Lowe's thing and were sitting at Village Inn eating breakfast while I was still in line at Staples. They got everything they needed too. I don't think the "guy store" was nearly as nuts as the others.

Orchestra Concert. Look for the black hair in the back row.

And so kicked off the holiday season. Eric had his orchestra concert at the Rogers Little Theatre this year. Sure beat the school gym or cafeteria. I'll post pictures later.

While there we purchased tickets for "A Christmas Story" which was GREAT. (Got to get some culture into these boys!) and all 3 tickets were still less than one ticket to the Walton Arts Center. Of course it wasn't Broadway but was really good none the less.

Last night we were invited to the Christmas production at First Baptist of Centerton. A co-worker of Doug's was the drummer and they had a full orchestra and put on a really good show.

The boys dropped me off and I got to have a much needed girls night with friends. We went out to eat and spend some quality time catching up, catching our breath and re-connecting. THANKS GIRLS I love you!

One of our Caringbridge friends earned his angel wings Friday. Please pray for the family www.prayfortravis.com.

Perspective. We can ge a lot of that when we read of the plight and loss of others. We truly are blessed.

Have a Merry Christmas and Blessed New Year!

1 comment:

Julius Family said...

I miss you!