Thursday, January 15, 2009

Just have to share this

So this morning I'm on my way to work in the "Arkansas" snow and 15 degree temp. The interstate was clear but the off ramp was a little snow covered. Well, the light turned yellow and I knew I wasn't going to make it so I practiced my defensive driving skills (you know, since I'm a "professional driver" and all) and had a clear right lane (this is sooo rare at 7am) got over, and still not able to stop but made a right onto the busy highway......with no one coming (again a true rarity.) So on my way to the next available place to turn around I called my manager to let him know I would be a little late and why. He said "that's ok, Christy (the customer service agent) called in sick and I was going to ask you if you wanted to work in the office today." Ummmmmmm, I'll have to think about it for a minute.... NOT!) Let's see, it's 15 degrees with a below zero wind chill, HELLO, no brainer here!
So, yes, I'm blessed blessed blessed. It was a good day. :)

Maybe Christy will be sick again tomorrow?

Not wishing sickness or anything, but I sure did enjoy being inside today.

No comments: