Monday, September 07, 2009

Anyone that knows me well knows that "peace" is a big thing for me. If I've lost my peace, I know things aren't "right" in some area, be it something I've done or said or something that's been done to me that I need to deal with or forgive or get over or whatever.

And why do I say all that? Just to ask for your prayers. No, I've not lost my peace but I am feeling very "unsettled." There is a lot going on for us lately, Eric in a new school, new friends, new teachers, new routines, etc. (How many of you moms feel the emotions of your child like I do? :) Add to that my dad has major surgery Wednesday, and we go to Little Rock Thursday for 5 year off treatment scans. (PTL!) It's going to be a long day, bloodwork, echo of his heart, CT with contrast, chest x-ray and PFT's (which he HATES.) We have to be there at 8am Thursday so we've decided to go down Wednesday night after his first cell group. So, it will be a late arrival in L.R. but sure beats getting up at 4:30 Thursday morning. That and I'd much rather deal with 2 miles of rush hour traffic in L.R than 45 or 50 miles. Thursday isn't the biggest prayer though, Dad's surgery on Wednesday is the biggest prayer request.

Thanks, love you guys!

Jan

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens.
Psalm 68:19