Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Monday August 12th 2013

Doug has a CAT scan Tuesday at 2:30.    His instructions are to not eat anything after10:30 am, be at Mercy at noon to drink the contrast then scan 2.5 hours after that.

Friday we meet with Dr Travis, the Oncologist.

Sunday night was a looong night.  He was up almost every hour, it was almost like a newborn but I didn't have to wipe his butt!    (Sorry, have to add some humor somewhere:)  Anyway neither of us got much sleep.

Tonight when I got home Doug was on the phone with my insurance.  (They called)  I thought that was odd because I handle all that stuff.  Anyway, they were telling him that another local place did CAT scans cheaper than Mercy where we have it scheduled.  He told them with Mercy all the Doctors he will be seeing will have access to his records just by logging on.  They told him the Doctors could get all the records, all they would have to do is request them by......blah blah blah.  By the time I walked in they had put him on hold as Doug had asked specific questions about cost, etc.  She said "I don't know that, I'll have to transfer you."  That's where I came in to the lovely elevator music.   After about 10 minutes and getting the whole story from Doug (and the "due to higher than normal call volume the next available agent should be with you shortly") message I hung up.   Really he didn't need that frustration.


I'm starting him on a vitamin regimen tomorrow.  The way we see it, it sure won't hurt anything to build his immune system before it gets depleted with drugs. 

Would you help us pray that we have wisdom in making all the decisions and that we are sensitive to the leading of the Spirit in each and every facet of this journey?     Even though we've been thru this with Eric, it is a LOT different in so many ways.  You definitely have to stay on top of things and not just think that a doctor, nurse, clinic, lab, etc.  will get back to you!

Oh, and I had my teeth cleaned today.  I have an abscess and need a root canal and crown.  Oh happy day!!!  Mama is taking a back seat to her boys right now.   Peroxide can work wonders :)

Thanks for your prayers,

Love you all,

Jan

No comments: