Doug got the call this afternoon from the Oncologists nurse wanting to see if Doug had his port. Since that answer was yes, she went ahead with the arrangements to start treatment. The first chemo appointment is tomorrow at 10. After they access his port he will get a chemo pump that he will wear in a fanny pack all the time. I will update more tomorrow when we learn more.
After the oncologist appointment he will have his first radiation appointment. They are in the same building so that part is so very convenient.
Since I was the one that went thru all of this with Eric, I know what's coming (with the exception of the chemo pump.) Doug however didn't and is understandably very anxious. He hates needles and just the thought of being accessed "all the time" is tough.
Please pray for Doug's nerves. That I can be strong, sensitive and anticipate his needs. Prayers for protection over his organs and for the chemo/radiation to attack only the tumor and cancer, for preservation of the good and the evil be destroyed!
We love all of you. Thank you again for your prayers and support.
Jan
No comments:
Post a Comment