I KNOW, 2 weeks! (sorry Gary:) When I last left off, chemo and 5 days of high intensity radiation had just finished. Doug was really hoping he would feel better right away........and......no, didn't happen:(. I am so thankful I was on vacation. I have to bid my vacation in February for the next fiscal year beginning June 1. The timing was spot on, I really needed to be home. Doug was in pain and on pain meds alternating Motrin and Tylenol all week. He wanted to try and go without them and ohhhh boy was THAT ever a mistake! I have a small white board on the fridge to keep track of pain / meds / time. Definitely needed something every 4-6 hours. He went to work Wednesday from about 9 until 2. Not our best move. Needless to say it was a rough night! So it was a week of shakes, smoothies, pain (meds) magnesium salt baths, almost total bed rest and homebound.
Tuesday (the 15th) was my birthday. My 2 besties took me to The Crumpet Tea Room for lunch and gifted me with an AWESOME gift certificate. I am so blessed, so so blessed. :)
It was a low key week full of walnut-picking-upping, mowing and taking care of my man and my awesome son. Oh, and sleeping in. I love sleeping in don't you?
I'm going to stop now and start another post for another week so as not to confuse myself.....and you....but mostly myself!
Always thankful for your prayers.
Jan
This is my awesome brother Mike. He came over Saturday morning when we were doing chores and got ON TOP of the house, cleaned the chimney, then came inside and helped Doug take it apart and clean, AND he and Eric took out our 2 window air conditioners. I am blessed with 3 wonderful brothers! :)
This is what followed the Saturday morning chores. Pain meds and rest. "Cat" (that's our cats name:) just crawled up on Doug and laid on him. It's right where he is in pain and the warmth helps with that. Cool huh? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment