After Eric and I got home from the Wal-Mart / errand run Doug was really really feeling poorly. I decided to call the hospital and have them page the doctor on call. They said it was Dr Treptow's associate Dr Bonaghera. She called back about 20 minutes later and I explained we have a 15 month relationship with Dr Treptow and a brief overview. Today his symptoms have become indicative of C-diff (again) and I asked her if she could call in a prescription for Flagyl. Which he just came off of. She agreed and said the better choice may be Vancomyacin but that may be a little difficult to get on a Sunday night. She agreed to call it in and advised me to call Dr Treptow tomorrow to see if he wanted to prescribe the other. Dr T had told us that Vanco was another drug to treat C-diff but that it is very expensive both in pill form and (as we already know) in IV form. About 30 minutes later I got the text from the Wal-Mart pharmacy that his prescription was ready.
Isn't technology wonderful? Dr B. was most pleasant to converse with also. God is so good to us.
I can't say he's shown much improvement yet but he will.
As always, thank you for your prayers.
Jan, Doug and Eric
No comments:
Post a Comment