After the appointment with Dr Treptow suggesting Hyperbaric treatment would possibly help, we got an appointment with the Wound Care Clinc to discuss treatment. On Friday 11/7 we met with Dr Friesen (whom I REALLY liked, Doug did too.) I took his H.O.G. records and both the nurse (Emily) and Dr Friesen reviewed. She had to call and get the exact dosages of radiation while we were there. The Dr, nurse and the tech were all very thorough and professional. Dr Friesen brought up that we were exploring Mayo. He said if we are going to start this, we should finish before you get your appointment to Mayo for the greatest benefit. He suggested 30-40 treatments. They take up to 2 hours per day 5 days a week. They are getting the approval for insurance and he should start next week. They have 3 chambers at this clinic.
Doug has been off Flagyl for 1 week. He is in pain and feels extremely poor. He basically goes from the couch to bathroom and back to bed. He is worse today than he was even yesterday. It appears his temp is slightly elevated (100.7) He has to have a chest xray, bloodwork and ekg, just a routine "thing" for him to start treatment. I really believe he needs to stay on the Flagyl, at least for now and I will be calling tomorrow to see if we can get that re-filled.
That is the latest, abbreviated version of our saga. And all I have the energy to say for now.
Thank you all for your continued prayers.
Jan, Doug and Eric
No comments:
Post a Comment