Thursday, November 20, 2014

Doug started to feel better about Tuesday of last week (the 11th.)  He REALLY doesn't like taking pain meds but about the only thing that kicks it down is Oxycodone.  And of course that messes with your mood and senses and he hates it.  But it's that or be in pain or lay down a l l  t h e t i m e.  And then the bored, frustrated, depressed angry cycle starts all over again.  It's a vicious cycle I'm telling you. 

So after 2 weeks we finally got the Mercy records last Thursday (the 13th.)  I immediately trekked up to FedEx and made a copy for us and sent both the Mercy and H.O.G. records to Mayo.  The records were delivered Friday morning, however, we have yet to hear from them.   Doug is going to call again tomorrow.

After the initial appointment with Dr Friesen, Doug was to get a chest x-ray, EEG and bloodwork.  What happened first though was the letter we got from the insurance company asking for further clinic notes before they would approve it.  So he opted to wait on the tests to make sure it got approved.  I don't know how your insurance works but sometimes we actually get the approval letter after the test or treatment has been performed.  The hospital or clinic always knows before we do and we don't proceed until we know for sure.  Since we hadn't heard anything I called Mercy last Friday (the 14th) to see if they had heard.  She said that it had been approved so Doug went Monday and got the 3 tests above.  He said it went "amazingly smooth and fast."   He was tentatively scheduled to start hyperbaric treatment on Wednesday the 19th.  I say tentatively because when we had the orientation they said there was a 2 week waiting list and people come off treatment at all different times.  I called on Tuesday the 18th to check on his tentative next day appointment and they said there was not an open spot and that since hyperbaric treatment works cumulatively (is that a word?) and we were looking at the Thanksgiving holiday and there would be too many days off after just getting started that Dr Friesen may not want to start him now.  And yes I know that was a run on sentence but I just had to get it all out.   Justin that did the orientation called Doug late Tuesday and said his first treatment would be......... December 1st at 8am..........  

Sometimes you just wonder how much disappointment.......well, you know.

I told Doug God specializes in timing.  There is a reason for all of these delays, we don't know what it is but I believe God has Doug in the palm of HIS hand.  "All things work together for good to them that love the Lord and are called according to His purpose."  I pray and trust that that purpose is going to glorify the Lord.   Timing - Trust - Faith goes right along with our command to "be still and know that I am God."

This week Doug went to work Monday-Wednesday.  Today he was in so much pain he had to stay home.  (See the first paragraph about not wanting to take Oxycodone.)   He said tonight "I am ready to go to the emergency room ......... in Rochester, MN!"  (We are still in the first paragraph last line, remember the vicious cycle?  Yep, cycling again.)

We truly covet your prayers. 

Jan, Doug and Eric


(And yes, I still have hives.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

God, you said where two or three are gathered in your name you will be in the midst of them. I'm standing with Jan believing that you are good. And your timing is perfect. I think you that you can move mountains.in Jesus name Amen