Saturday, March 25, 2006

Something New

Welcome to my "blog"! I was up for trying something new so, without hurting myself (exercising) this is it!

We are the Dorothy family. Doug, Jan, Eric and Andrea. I won't tell you the adult ages(!) but Eric is 9 and Andrea is 6.

Doug works in the aircraft maintenance field. This has been his paid occupation since 1985. He cares about his customers and tells them he wouldn't send them up in anything he wouldn't take his own family up in. We burn wood so he works hard with that and can fix just about anything which comes in very handy when the washer won't drain! His real love is metal detecting, aka treasure hunting. I call it his therapy. He finds some great things and I love it when he finds jewelry that fits me!

Jan has worked for a major shipping company for 21 years and has the aches and pains that go with it. I volunteer at Eric's school, mostly in the classroom and I love it! Being with children is in my blood, my grandma and dad were both teachers. I'm involved in PTO and help with the Chess club at school. In addition to that I am a domestic engineer at home......basically I take care of everything in that arena!

Eric is the best son we could have asked for. We celebrated his 9th anniversary yesterday of his adoption from Guatemala. He was 9 months old when God BLESSED us with Eric. He loves Star Wars, Nascar and soccer. Eric was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma March 29th, 2004. After undergoing chemo and radiation medically and tons of prayer from around the world, Eric was declared in remission August 19th 2004. We continue to go to Arkansas Children's Hospital in Little Rock every 3 months for checkups. They are the best and we are thankful for their expertise and care.

Andrea is 6 and we can't wait to get her home. I'm sure you're saying what do you mean by that? Andrea is in Romania. I went to Romania in Nov/Dec 2004 and got to meet our little princess. Unfortunately she was in the hospital when I was there (mumps) so I didn't get to spend much time with her. I did get to stay in the home where Andrea lives and experience life as she does and I was very pleased. I had such a hard time understanding why God would lead me all they way across the world (in my eyes) and only get to spend 3 hours with her. In the end I am to trust God with Andrea just like I had (have) to trust Him with Eric when he was going thru cancer treatments. Please pray for Andrea and Romania that the beauracracy (sp) in the government will be solved to bring the waiting children home to their forever families and re-open International adoption. It's a llllooooonnnnngggg story! Andrea likes baby dolls and ballet dance. Her favorite colors are red and pink.

That's us, the Dorothy 4. Thanks for visiting!

No comments: