Friday, May 19, 2006

Has it been that long?


Gosh, I didn't realize it had been so long since I posted. Have I really told you the reason I'm dong a blog? When Eric was diagnosed we were told about a free webpage we could start called "caringbridge". I never got around to doing it and now Eric sees me checking on the ACH kids and says, "mom, I wish you had started a caringbridge website for me". So, this is the next best thing!
Last Saturday Eric made his first soccer goal of the year! Mom and Dad went wild. Eric didn't. When we asked him why he said "we had to get on with the game mom". He's cool just check him out. Mother's Day was good. Doug and Eric got me the book "Praying God's Word" by Beth Moore. The had to order it so I just picked it up today. Can't wait to get started.

It's been a busy week for the Dorothy's. All of us went to Little Rock for Eric's Thursday checkup. We went Wednesday and stayed in a motel. A little family time was needed. Doug also needed the quiet time to think and pray. We had supper with Claudia, another waiting adoptive mom. She and her husband are going to Romania this summer and offered to take some things for Andrea. Also, a missionary group from her church just got back from Romania. I had sent a a few things with them including a disposable camera. I offered to let Claudia keep it and get the pictures developed which she jumped at. So, she'll send me the pictures. I would love for our family to go to Romania next summer if Andrea is not home yet. Eric spoke up and said he'd like to go to Romania. It's the first he's expressed in going there so maybe an idea has been planted. We'll have to water that one and save our pennies.

Doug has been offered a position with a new FBO in Bentonville. He knows the owner and will talk more with him next week. Please keep us in your prayers. He's been keeping busy. Just wants to do what God wants him to. It's times like these we both REALLY miss Mom Dorothy.

Eric gets to go to Carter's birthday celebration tomorrow. They are going to a Razorback baseball game and out for pizza. It will be his first game. He is soooo excited!

Today was Field Day at school. They had blow ups and bubbles and tug of war and snow cones and on and on. I got there about 2. They had a blast. However, allergies are raising their ugly head and Eric's eyes are red and swollen not to mention the sneezing and snaughty nose.

I didn't give the results of the checkup did I? He chest x-ray looked good. (We waited and hour, it usually takes 15 min. they were sooo behind!) Thyroid was normal, White blood cell count a little elevated but she thought it was from the allergies. Next appointment August 24th. After that we go to every 6 months. Yeaaa, another milestone!!!!

I'm going to a ballet with my friend Lisa tomorrow night. I have never been to a ballet and I'm looking forward to it. I used to be in dance when I was about 10 but that's where my grace ended. I want to send Andrea pictures so she can see what we have here in the U.S.

Ok, that's about it for now. I'll do better next time...................! Jan

P.S. I added some pictures. Eric playing his favorite sport, soccer, Doug and Eric watching the "Discovery" channel in the hotel. We don't get that channel so they were pretty much glued to it. Eric eating breakfast in bed.

No comments: