Friday, February 08, 2008

Home Alone

Doug and Eric are at the Ozark Natural Science Center overnight school trip. This overprotective mother insisted the not so resistent father go as a chaperone. So, I'm home alone, my house has stayed the same since I cleaned. I'm about ready to start leaving things out and not picking up after myself! Ummmmm, yes I miss them but I don't miss Spongebob or Disney channel! I'm planning to stay up with the lights on and finish my essay. Cat has been by my side most of the night. I think he misses them too!
Our local Christian radio station is collecting items for Arkansas Children's Hospital. Toiletry items for families that need to go immediatedly to ACH and don't have time to pack, etc. They are calling it "With Love from NW Arkansas. One of the morning anchors is a girl I delivered to at her previous job and we became friends. Anyway, I emailed her thanking her "from a cancer Mom who's been there." Yesterday morning she read my email on the air. She started it like this; "I got an email from my friend Jan. She was my FedEx courier at my previous job and every day she would come in and she was just a ray of sunshine." Then she went on to read my email in which I used Eric's name, etc. She read it just before I got to work yesterday. I figured no one else would be listening at that time but when I got out of the car so was one of my fellow couriers and he said "hey, I just heard them read your email!" Anyway, it was cool. Hey Cathy, you're about the only one I know that's on the road then, did you hear it? (Jen and Mark in the morning on KLRC.)
Y'all have a GREAT weekend!
Jan

No comments: