So, what's been going on? Ummmmmm, ok, we went to Iowa to mom and dad's home away from home (in Volgaville) for Thanksgiving. That was fun and we got to enjoy lots of family. Doug metal detected and found some cool stuff and the weather was nice....Actually 53 degrees when we left.
Black Friday saw the eyes opening at 4:15.....am. Actually Chloe (mom and dad's 5th child) had to go pee at 4. Being the loving sister that I am, I took her out so she could do her business.......and boy was I awake then! Eric accompanied me on his first and probably last Black Friday. Our first stop was Radio Shack and the lady behind us was......a word that starts with b and ends in y. Yes, she was! We met Juil in Iowa City and got to eat lunch with her and a friend. We ended up back in Volgaville around suppertime. Bedtime couldn't come to soon I'll tell ya. We got home early Sunday morning. We were glad to have a day at home. Man that's a looonnnnggg drive for just a couple of days. We'll plan differently next time.
It took me about a week of living in Christmas chaos to get everything where I wanted it last week. But it's as finished as it's going to be for this year. Eric's gift is due to arrive at my work (FedEx) via UPS. I ordered it online and didn't know how they shipped. I'm literally praying they will deliver it.....:)
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention we called Andika on her birthday weekend. She sounds sweet and girly. We asked her what she wanted and she said "a bicycle." So, there's $$ headed her way for that. I also sent a box of clothes and girly stuff. Hopefully that will get there soon.
On the way to Iowa we came on an accident that had just happend. 2 girls thrown out and an infant still in the car. One of the girls was under the vehicle. It was obvious no seatbelts were worn and the SUV they were driving rolled.....There were no authorities on the scene yet. It was extremely traumatic. And unnecessary. When we got home I checked the accident report. The 29 year old girl under the vehicle was killed. She was married, mother of 3. The other girl was airlifted to the hospital and infant to the children's hospital in K.C. Please continue to pray for these families. Please please please people, wear your seatbelts!
It's been kind of rough at work (personnel wise) for me lately. But, my friend Rhonda has come to my rescue and we are whisking away to Branson overnight Saturday. Boy do I need it.
Just got a call from my coworker at FedEx and she said the UPS tracking shows I (or they) refused the package. UPS never even attempted it. Darn, time to get on the phone!
Have a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment