The following is God working in our lives. Just no other way to put it!
Before I went out on FMLA with Doug an opportunity came up for an office position. Some may think "no brainer, don't you want to get out of that truck?" But I REALLY liked my FedEx route, my customers, I really really like that each day is different in it's own way and I really like being out and I get to see fun, unique and sometimes really stupid stuff. But on the flip side, I am 50ish and a woman driving a truck. My body hurts e v e r y single night. And there was another unspoken factor but that resolved itself and was the deciding factor for me.
However, it was peak season and I went out on December 4th. Had all gone as it was supposed to have I "should" have been back the week before Christmas. That didn't happen and I was actually a little worried that the job would be posted before I could get back. (I was considered "inactive" on FMLA, you have to be "active" to bid on a job.) But God had confirmed to me that I was supposed to go for this so I had to leave it in His hands. I have an awesome manager that soooo had my best interest at heart. He didn't post the job until the Friday before I was to come back which enabled me to bid on it when I returned to work on February 3rd. I was not the first in line for the job however. I was bidding on a job in the customer service classification, and anyone in that class has first opportunity. If no one in class bid on it, it goes out of classification. Since I was in courier classification I would get the next chance at it. And since my length of service is.....lengthy, that would be my biggest advantage. Well, no one bid on it so it was mine. :) Since I started out at FedEx as a fulltime customer service agent and my regular schedule included one day a week in the office, I have a working knowledge of how to do the job. I still have a LOT to learn however. I am learning already and looking forward to getting deeper into it. I will soooo miss being in the truck but it is great having the peace that I need knowing that I am exactly where God wants me.
I have been in the office 2 weeks now and I really enjoy it. My body is thanking me as well. It is nice to come home, not hurt (as bad:) and actually have a little energy to spare!
I am going to continue in a new post. Again, I am such a detail person that I want to get it recorded so I can look back and remember just how cool God is. I have more cool God stories. Stay tuned. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment