Sunday, June 11, 2006

Encouraging day

I've been somewhat bummed lately. The fight to get our little girl home seems impossible. So, I asked the Lord for a word of encouragement today. And boy did I get it! Our sermon title today was: "Is Anything too hard for God?" Of course I sat up straighter and took lots of notes. Did you know the Hebrew word for "hard" is "too wonderful". So, is it too hard to continue to fight for our girl? Is it too hard for God to get her out of there? For God, it's "too wonderful"! Specific scripture was in Hebrews 11:8-19. Was it too hard for God to give Abraham and Sarah a son? Nope, and it's going to be "too wonderful" when we walk off the plane with our princess. So, needless to say, I was encouraged. We had lunch at church today and Pastor Steve sat with us. I showed him the new pictures we got of Andrea yesterday and he asked me how that was going. I told him after his sermon today the answer was different than before!
We went up to Pineville yesterday and floated and Doug underwater detected. He came up with $3.43. Wooo hoo! That's where he is today too. Maybe he'll come home with a ring? My teeny tiny diamond fell out of my ring like in 1989 (I found it) but have never gotten it fixed. After 25 years don't I deserve something bigger and better? We've got a busy busy week. VBS is this week and the theme is "Shout His Fame". It's a movie theme including Star Wars. Eric wasn't going to get to go due to logistical problems getting him there. A friend this morning offered to take him so we took her up on it. He's pumped. Then he tutors with our favorite teacher and wonderful friend on Monday and Wednesday and we have guitar and reading class on Thursday. I hope gas prices go down.
We had such a good week last week. I give the credit to God. Can you imagine not having God as your friend? I'm learning more and more to be pro-active with your prayers, not just re-active. I'm praying for our future, school year, possible uses of our land, home? investment? For God's favor at work, safety in our lives, it goes on and on. Please, when you pray this week remember John-John, a 3 year old that has recently relapsed (ACH) and Micah, who finds out tomorrow if he has relapsed. (MDAnderson). But in praying, is this "too wonderful" for God to handle?
Have a great week. God is good, ALL the time!

Jan

No comments: