Saturday, June 24, 2006

Missing my girl tonight. Wishing it were us going to Romania in 6 days instead of friends of ours that are waiting parents of another child in Dove House. Nothing is too hard for God.

New subject..............Immediately after shower tonight it was time for Eric to go to bed. His hair was a little damp (in spite of the short hair). And we all know not to go to bed with a wet/damp head don't we? Anyway, I dried it with the hair dryer and you know what thought came to me?
Thank you God for hair. For no lack of hair. For no chemo or radiation that makes your hair fall out. Thank you for normal, routine, busy days with my son. Thank you for haircuts every 3 weeks because his hair grows soooo fast. Thank you for a wonderful Christian barber. After our initial 2 weeks in Little Rock getting diagnosed, one of the first things we did was get Eric's hair cut. My thinking was when it falls out it will be less tramatic. Honestly I think it was harder on Doug and I than on Eric. My crying time was in the shower, and I spent a lot of my shower time crying! Anyway, Mr Howard prayed with us right there in the barber shop that day. It just so "happend" we were the only customers. Hmmmmm, happend? We know better. Then we didn't see Mr Howard for 6 months. Oh what a happy day when we returned! Now we're back to every 3-4 weeks, again thanking God for hair...................

I challenge you to thank God for something you may be taking for granted. Have a great weekend and please continue to pray for Katie. www.caringbridge.org/visit/princesskaitlyn

No comments: