Saturday, June 17, 2006


It's HOT in Arkansas! Today, however, it's cloudy, a little cooler and raining off and on. We need it though. Tomorrow we're going to try and go to the Air Show in Fayetteville, weather providing. A friend called this morning and said they had 2 tickets if we'd like them. Yes yes yes, we just got blessed!
Last night was the closing services for VBS. They did a great job. I was sooo proud of Eric standing up there singing and doing all the signs to the songs. After they had an improv group providing entertainment. A good time was had by all.
Had a fun busy week. We tutored once and will again hopefully 3 days next week. Eric had fun at VBS and a good guitar lesson and class. Hopefully we can go into the school year ready and review will be just that, review and not re-learning!
I made contact with our Social Worker this week as our home study expired recently. She's coming on July 25th to do our update. One more time with the home study, fingerprints and orphan visa then we'll decide later if we're going to continue. Let me clarify; we'll NEVER give up on Andrea, we may just let the updates go, mostly due to cost. It goes up every time, update $400 plus mileage, fingerprints $70 each and orphan visa $525. When we got Eric we got the fingerprints at the local police station but now you have to make an appointment at INS in FSM and have them done electronically. In 1996 the orphan visa was $225. It can make it difficult to save $$$$. So, in preparation for that I'm doing some deeper cleaning, cupboard doors, etc. We really like our social worker and it's nice to visit with her again.
We're going to the movie "Cars" later. We've heard it's very funny. Doug is at a club hunt in Jay, OK. Hopefully he'll get home in time to go with us.

Something I've thought about lately. You know how we let our kids know what's expected of them? God does the same with us. And we, in turn want to please our Heavenly Father just like our kids (hopefully) want to please us. Well, when we pray we expect God to answer, in some way, even if it's "Be still and know that I am God" right? So in doing that I've been praying expecting an answer. I guess maybe before I just put it out there with no expectations, just hoping.???? In my letter to Andrea I told her Jesus wanted to be her best friend. Well, the same goes for you and me.....................

Have a great weekend!!

No comments: