Sunday, July 02, 2006

A low key weekend for us. Friday I made corsages and boutienneres for a friend's daughter's wedding. It's been awhile since I've worked with fresh flowers but they turned out very nice. Eric got to play with his buddy Aaron while I worked so a good time was had by all. After trying to go to some All Star BB games that we missed due to me mixing up the times, we decided to go to the Drive Inn and see "Cars" again. We just really like that movie. We stayed for "Shaggy Dog" too but Doug was the only one that stayed awake through the entire movie. Eric crashed after the first movie and I saw the beginning and the end...........maybe next time. Saturday we went to an Estate sale in the Highlands. It was the last day so everything was half price. Not much there but Doug did get some tools and round balls for the hitch and odds and ends. Then we went to SW City, MO and surprised some good friends of ours. It was ordained as God used me to encourage my sweet friend Dana. Not sure even what I said, I just know it was the spirit and I was just the voice. Doug and Eric had sandwiches there and we visited and went on our way. We were headed to Bernice State Park in Grove, OK thinking there was a beach that Doug could metal detect on but we were sorely disappointed. So we headed back and stopped at the Pizza Palace and our friend Nate cooked for us. He's such a sweet kid. We were going to stop in Noel and watch the fireworks but decided to head on home. No cell phone signal to call our friends and watch with them. We stopped at the "Black Cat" fireworks building at the B.V. line and think we got a good deal on fireworks. Eric got to experience a drunk guy with "interesting" attire on and a "Git er done" cap on. Only so much you can do to steer him clear of that! By the time we got home we were pooped!
Doug left early to metal detect today so Eric and I were on our own for church. It was great as usual and we had communion as mother and son this morning. It was very special. Then we drove thru Taco Bueno for lunch. We called a friend of Eric's to play this afternoon so it's been a good day.
I was thinking today in church. How do people live their lives without the Lord? To have peace in your life and know you are on your way to heaven is just..........the best assurance you can have. In all you do, include God, it's sooo much more interesting and fun and, well, just try it! God is good, ALL the time!
Jan

No comments: