As a parent I believe it is my responsibility to raise my son that even in a world where things are not always as they should be, we should always try to be that person of integrity. So this weekend he gets "crapped" on by his best friend, and the friend's parents allowed the lie.....maybe even helped with the concoction of it (?) Long story, don't need to get in to it here. I'm asking for input from any that would like to respond.......what would you say to your child when he's been lied to by his "best friend?" My mother's heart turns into a mama bear when my son is crying his eyes out because of something like this. Life's lessons are sooooo hard.
Anyway, what would you do?
Have a great week
Jan
3 comments:
Jan, these things are so hard on moms. It hurts so MUCH to watch our children hurting. I would tell Eric that even people we love the most are sinners and will hurt us. Sometimes intentionally, sometimes unintentionally. And WE will hurt those we love, too. When we hurt others, we repent and ask forgiveness. When we are hurt, the best thing to do is forgive them and move on. I know, easier said than done!
(Have you read Christan's blog today? It's not good. Very sad news.)
Hi June,
I was hoping you would give me your input. We've talked about forgiveness, but when that next teachable moment comes up I need to tell him about the intentional/unintentional hurts.
And,I have to forgive the parents too for allowing it as I'm certain now they were well aware......
On a positive note, he went to the skating rink today (he goes there while we're at work/school) and there was a new boy there his age. I met him and got good feelings and they have Star Wars in common. That's all you need right? Eric seems to like him really well. Maybe God has answered my prayer already (?)!
After reading about Christian, I had to tell myself to "get over it". His mother will never see him grow up. My mother's heart grieves for them.
Thanks again June, I appreciate you!
Jan, I missed you at the PTO meeting! I couldn't call you before-hand, couldn't talk during it and now, it's just too late to call!! We had a ball game right after the meeting so we had to fly out of there...I miss you!
When can Eric come over this week?
What about Wednesday? Fisher has a game at 8 pm so we could meet you at the park and you could get him back from us then...let me know!
No words of advice from me...I love my big sister!! Isn't she great?
Post a Comment