We had a fun New Year, bowling then out to eat at Chili's. (Thanks to a gift card from a customer!) And, I forgot my camera. When we got home Doug pooped out by 11 and Eric said, "Mom, if I fall asleep, wake me up" Yeah right. NOT! So, I rang in the New Year watching my favorite "Jon and Kate plus 8." Love that show, they were chosen to have twins and sextuplets, can you imagine?
Today it was down with the Christmas stuff and clean clean clean. Not finished yet but it's sure better than it was. Wood heat is nice but not the cleanest. And I hate to dust. I don't use that word often but "hate and dust" are both 4 letter words. I'd rather clean toilets. THAT sure puts it into perspective doesn't it?!
Eric's room is in order.........at least for about 5 minutes at a time, or until he has a friend spend the night. It sure is great having 2 beds in his room so they don't have to sleep in the living room now. Honestly though, I like it when they hang in the living room, makes me feel like they're comfortable here. I want to be the "Kool Aid" mom. For those of you that don't get that, ask your mother what that means!
Tomorrow it's back to work for me, then to the college to pay for my next class. I have 3 more afternoons with Eric before he returns to school on the 7th. We were just talking tonight, he's going to be 12 in July! We measured him today. He's grown 1/2 inch since Dec 4th. I knew he was getting closer to looking me straight in the eye. YIKES!
We're praying this year has NO unexpected doctor or hospital visits. Last year we started off the year with ITP in January. But Praise God, He's always in control and ever the healer.
Praying you have a Blessed 2008!
Jan
No comments:
Post a Comment