Thursday, January 31, 2008
Just a quick update on the Brodster. He was so dehydrated last night it took 3 sticks to get an IV in as his veins collapsed. They had "class" all day today. Brody gave himself a shot in the stomach twice and also gave one to his mom. What a trooper. Juil went to college for Medical Assistant so she knows how to give shots etc. She hasn't really needed it (except for doctoring their horses) until now. God knew though. Brad got a load up thru Mt Pleasant so was able to shut down long enough to run home and get some necessities and head up to a store in Iowa City and drop his trailer. So he's at the hospital with them now. He's been to St James, MO, St Louis, and his load now is headed up to somewhere in Wisconsin. What a day! When I called I interruped Brody's game on PS-2. At least he's not bored! His blood sugar was 277 today. Juil said still a little high but they weren't too concerned as his activity level is practically zilch. He got a balloon bouquet from his 7th grade class at WMU. He made fun of Juil because she cried when they were delivered. Heck, I cried when she told me! Plus an Iowa football and ballons from Juil's employer. They have classes again tomorrow but all is going well thus far. I told Juil I put it on my blog and she says thanks for the prayers. Ok family, if you're reading this, please leave a comment or email me or my folks so we know ok? Thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Will be praying for the family. And it's amazing what you can do for your children even if you didn't go to college for medical stuff. ;-) I've now given shots to a horse, IV fluids and shots to a cat and accessed a mediport in my son for the past 6+ years!
Praying the family will find strength in Jesus as they adjust their life to this new challenge.
Wow, he is a real trooper! We are praying for him and the rest of the family. What a difficult time, but as you said, God knows what He is doing!
Bridgit (Iowa Duff's)
Thanks Bridgit!
Jan
Post a Comment