My friend Kelly (waiting mom of Romanian child) called me last night during my birthday supper at Olive Garden and read me this article. (She knew I'd want some REALLY good news on my birthday.) http://www.nineoclock.ro/pag1/pag1.pdf. It is the first good news on the Romanian adoption front we've had in a LONG time. Anyway, the ball was already rolling and the fearless leader of our For the Children SOS (FTCSOS) group had emailed us with our marching orders for today. Background: VP Biden is going to Eastern Europe (including meeting w/Romanian president) next week. We were to contact our Senators and Representatives requesting the staff contact the White House and State dept requesting the pending adoptions be put on VP Biden's agenda.
Today I met Doug and Eric (he didn't have school today) for lunch at Firehouse subs. Before I left work I printed the above article so Doug could look at it and we could digest and discuss it. We got to Firehouse, ordered and were standing in line getting our drinks. The man in front of me turned around and I about dropped my glass. It was US Congressman Boozman from Arkansas.
I could hardly grasp what God was doing! He was by himself so I had a one on one audience. I just couldn't believe that God had literally "dropped this situation in my lap!" He asked to keep the article and I said I'd have to get back to him on that one. I'M KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
God is sooooo moving on our behalf. I'm so pumped and can hardly sit except to keep checking my email to see what is new.
Please please please keep praying with us.
Jan
No comments:
Post a Comment