It's been a rough weekend on my hubby. Sores in his mouth and throat, and as the Dr said down his digestive tract. No appetite but knows he needs to eat. I did some online research and found a recipe for a protein powder fruit smoothie. It only called for 1 Tbsp of protein powder so I called my muscle man brother Mike and asked him if I could have a little of his. Eric and I went and got it and my sweet sister in law GAVE me a whole new container of it! Blessed! After a quick stop to Fresh Market and their organic fruit I came home and made what has been his pretty much only source of nutrition for the last 2 days. Then my friend Rhonda called and was headed to the health food store, she asked for something for the mouth sores (L-lysine) and then delivered it! Blessed again! I've insisted on the supplements as well.
"TMI alert" read at your own risk!
Saturday was a day of wayyyyy too many trips to the bathroom and bloody stools. And as the Dr also said, he's red and irritated where they have radiated him. He has to "work" at it and sometimes ends up in a cold sweat. Yeah, it's that bad. Sorry if you didn't want to hear that. I warned ya! :)
I took the time to go to church last night (after I gave Doug the sleepy pill.) It was an awesome message about Daniel and the Lion's den. Did you know Daniel wasn't young? I always thought he was! After church my friend Lisa gave me "home grown" ground beef, eggs and a gift card. Blessed again! I cried and I could have just kept on crying for an hour. I can't express how blessed and thankful we are!
After church a couple of Eric's friends came over and jammed with him in our garage. Another of God's blessings, friends that keep him occupied! We are so so thankful for this. Love his friends and band friends.
So he got about 1/2 burrito down last night. I can put on a small plate everything he's eaten the last 2 days. Chemo changes the taste of food. He thinks he wants to eat something so I make it and he struggles to get it down, and usually doesn't. But he does try for which he deserves big kudos.
I'm going to insist on no treatment at all tomorrow. He's either been on the sofa or in bed pretty much all weekend so I'm sure he won't be able to work. Unless he has a huge change overnight which I know God can do! It will be interesting to see how he feels and what the Dr says on Tuesday.
We did TV church this morning. Rhema, Dr David Jeremiah, Joseph Prince and Andy Stanley. It was awesome and each one had something we needed to hear. God is just cool that way isn't he?
Thank you again for praying for us. Please don't stop :)
Love you all
Jan
No comments:
Post a Comment