Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Today Doug had an appointment with Dr Travis (the oncologist.)  First he had to have labs drawn which involved a port access.  He wasn't too happy about that because he REALLY didn't want to continue chemo this week.   He told the nurse chemo might be delayed and she said "it's ok, we'll get blood this way and if he decides to delay it, we'll just de-access you, we do it all the time."  Well ok then, now we know :O)

So with that done, we finally got in to see Dr Travis.  He asked how he was feeling and it went like this:  "My mouth is a little better (as you can see the sore on his lip),  I have no energy, I haven't been to work yesterday or today, I spend most of my time on the couch or in bed, I go to the bathroom 20 plus times a day with little results, I have no appetite and what I do eat is hard to get down."  I told the Dr I had been making smoothies with protein powder, but he doesn't / can't eat much. He said "I tried to take a walk around the field and I had to "crap" 4 times before I got back to the house."  That pretty much did it!

Soooo, he decided to give him the week off.  Hallelujah!  He's going to continue radiation the rest of the week but that's "it."   So we're going to work on getting him built back up as much as possible.  Just before he left the exam room Dr T said to eat some biscuits and gravy.   Doug thought that sounded pretty good so we went to "Lucy's Diner" for supper.   We both knew he wouldn't eat much so we shared.  He did get one down plus some hash browns.   He was exhausted.  Radiation just wears him completely out.

We stopped at the hangar after the dr's appointment and they are completely swamped and missing him bad.    IF he feels better he might go in for a few hours.  I told him only if he feels up to it and to take it really slow.

So that's our news in a nutshell.  Thank you soooo much for praying for us.  I am claiming HEALING in Jesus name!  :)

His next appointment is Tue 9/24.

We love all of you!

Jan

No comments: