Doug has slowly gotten a little better each day this week. He tried to go to work on Wednesday but had to come home after 2 hours. He did go in on Friday and made it all day. He still can't be too far from a bathroom though (like every hour or more.) Anything strenuous is out of the question.
His appetite has slowly gotten better although his taste is still "off." Definitely have to eat smaller meals more often with LOTS of encouragement from me. I tell him to quit beating himself up about not eating much, at least he's eating something. We've discovered that good veggies help to keep things "moving!"
As of Friday he's had 16 radiation treatments. 14 left, and now we are concentrating on the number on the right! He's definitely feeling the fatigue and lack of energy. And this week he has begun to have some pain (2 on the scale) in the area of the tumor. He soaks nightly in a bath of magnesium crystals and says that is the only place he has no discomfort and completely relaxes.
This week I took him to Dr Wilson's office (the natural dr) for a foot bath. A foot bath helps to rid the body of toxins by soaking your feet in a tub with some type of electrolysis in it (and a teaspoon of salt.) I don't know how it works but you start out with clear water and by the time it was finished it was all kinds of colors, all which indicate the area of the body that toxins are being pulled from. Dr Wilson also offered us a protocol of supplements specifically targeted for cancer patients to help build the body, rebuild tissue, etc, and she offered it to us at her cost. I am encouraging Doug to say yes to this. I know for certain one of the supplements I have seen in the research I've done.
This morning Doug and I tried to get out and garage sale. It is one thing we both really enjoy and since he was feeling better we thought we'd try it. After the first one (here in Lowell) we'd discovered we'd left both phones at home. Doug needed to use the bathroom anyway so we headed home. Then we tried it again and made it about an hour and a half and he said "take me home....now!" Bless his heart he tried! I got him settled and Eric and I went up to the farmer's market in Bentonville. Such a great atmosphere and we got some fresh veggies and nachos from our favorite food truck. They are good and I mean GOOD!
This afternoon we were blessed with several freezer meals from our friend Kimberly. She is also Eric's "best good friend's" mom. The banana bread didn't even make it to the freezer, ohhhh my so good. I mowed until around 7ish so we partook of the quiche tonight. Doug took the first bite and when I asked him how it was he said "wonderful!" This will really take some of the pressure off especially when Doug is in the hospital and after he comes home. Blessed blessed blessed.!
My friend Lisa and her 2 little ones made a trip to our home and blessed us with home grown eggs and a product called Isagenix. I believe the Lord reminded Lisa of a friend with colon cancer who used this product with wonderful results. Lisa blessed us big time and I will be making Doug a shake with it tomorrow. Good stuff. I love how God works!
I cannot thank you enough for praying for our family. Thanks for checking in!
We love you all.
Jan
1 comment:
Thanks for writing to keep us informed. Wish we were closer!
Jeff & Kim
Post a Comment