First of all, forgive me for my rant in my previous post. A sleep deprived "slightly" stressed out woman took over my fingers. ! :)
Sunday afternoon Eric came and got me and we went to Target and Slim Chickens. I got Doug some more jello, yogurt and thought maybe he would like a Gatorade. We took lunch back to the hospital and my brother Mike came up and we watched the race.
Doug was a little nauseated Sunday afternoon. T.M.I. warning Mostly it was coming out the other end........poor guy. But, at the same time, that's what we wanted! With IV nutrition, lactated ringers and antibiotic (which Dr Treptow said can 'losen' things up) it's been a challenge! I went home after the race and showered and got some toiletry items Doug wanted. When I got back he said he had been to the bathroom twice and puked once. That was better. :O)
Sunday night we got a new nurse whom we've never had before. She was ok, Was very efficient and that's what counts the most.
Sunday night we got about as much sleep as you can in the hospital. Doug has been experiencing Restless Leg Syndrome which after my research shows that is a side effect of an anti-nausea med. It also shows he is probably low in magnesium and iron. I have magnesium gel at home and my friend told me to bring it. He doesn't like the smell (which isn't that bad.) But I'm sure he would let me use it on his legs if it helped. He took the Zofran and a little later Tylenol (fever was up again.) Except that the Tylenol acts like acid reflux which makes him puke. Another vicious cycle. I had some papaya that we use for a.r. and I gave him that and it seemed to help.
And now it is Monday. He decided to try and not take the Zofran and see how he gets along. We got up and walked early, he came back and slept, got up and brushed teeth and walked but not very far, he came back and was exhausted. For breakfast he drank a half glass of Carnation Instant Breakfast and a little cranberry juice. And it was a struggle but it stayed down! Baby steps.
Lunch came and it was a chicken soup base. I tried it and it was pretty good! He had 3 bites of that and a few drinks of chocolate Carnation Instant breakfast. Again it was a struggle but he kept that down too P.T.L. !!!! Eric came up and brought some ice for the cooler. Doug is picky about his water so I get it from the special filter in the 3rd floor surgery waiting area and keep it in a cooler as he always wants it cold. We went to the Mercy cafeteria for lunch and had chicken cordon bleu. Man was it good! I love how the Mercy employees all gather and eat together in the cafeteria. You can tell they are a "family." So now we are back up in the room hanging out together. Just a minute ago Eric said "do you hear that? He is snoring!" I told him that's healing going on there. Thanking God for Doug's healing!
We haven't seen Dr Treptow yet today. Our nurse today (Dave, different guy but really like him) said he saw him on the floor but must have been between cases and said he would be back later. That and yours truly asks so many questions he knows he can't just buzz in and out with us! So we are hanging out at the Mercy Spa. Praying Doug can keep solid food down soon. When that happens we will be sprung out of here! :)
Thank you again for your continued prayers and Thank God with us for his total healing!
Jan, Doug and Eric
No comments:
Post a Comment