I remembered something yesterday that is a big deal to us and wanted to share it..........Back in March 2004 when Eric was diagnosed with cancer, I was constantly on my cell phone.......it was my lifeline at the time. Well, of course I had to increase my minutes (we're on Sprint). At the time they had basically "nothing" but the standard increase by x number of minutes and then you were recommitted for another 2 years. Our contract had almost run out and we were planning on switching. But, given no choice I recommitted. I even remember saying to the guy on the phone, "I can't believe you can't do anything for me, here I am in the hospital, my son has just been diagnosed with cancer and you have no exceptions, no short term plan, nothing!" He said, "Sorry, that's just the way it is". I even asked to speak to a manager and I don't remember what he said, just that there wasn't anything else anyone could do. Geesh. So, on March 31st 2006 my Sprint contract ran out!!!!! To us it was a new beginning, a fresh start over, a milestone! Ok, you probably think I'm nuts but when you're forced to do something, be it up your cell phone minutes, or watch your child go through cancer treatments, it all stinks! But now THANK GOD those days are over and we "press forward to the high calling in Christ Jesus."............................ Ahh, the things we take joy in! Have a great week. Jan
(P.S. We're now on Cingular)
No comments:
Post a Comment