Wednesday, April 12, 2006

We're still here!


Wow, time can really fly, alot can happen even when you think nothing's really going on! Last week was busy with Doug being gone. Supper was easy......hot dogs, pizza, you know, kid stuff. He got home late Friday night. We had something going on every night but Wednesday last week. Friday was the International Fest at school. I took care of the Guatemala booth. Then we watched the performances (mostly ethnic dancers) in the gym. Saturday we got a lot done. Doug stayed home with us, we went to FLW together and out to eat Sat night. Sunday church was GREAT as always with a wonderful meal at church. Then we sought out to find Eric some soccer shoes and we promised him a new bike. Found the shoes at Shoe Carnival. Went to Sears and they don't sell bikes anymore! But, I found a pair of Lands End boots for $4.99! The bargain of the day! Doug found some work boots which he was in desparate need of. Eric suggested Toys r Us for the bike. He found one he liked and it was only $39.99. Not too bad! We got home and watched some of the Nascar race. Then I set out to move plants from the back enclosed porch around the front as the termite guys were coming Monday. Doug helped me with that. What a job! Then the boys put the bike together and set out to teach Eric how to ride it. The year he was sick was "the" year to learn to ride a bike and swim in the deep end of the pool. He has yet to ride a bike and is not very comfortable in the deep end. So, we've set those 2 goals and believe when he accomplishes them his confidence level will rise. Have you ever tried to ride a bike with your left eye closed? Try it, that's why it's a little more challenging for Eric. He and Daddy are trying to be consistent to take small steps. He'll get it.

The termite guys came Monday. They ended up trenching the west and south sides of the house. My flower beds are in a shambles. The Iris bulbs (rizomes) needed thinned and at this point I am being forced to take care of that. I'm giving a lot of rizomes away and will probably have more later.
I'm off to more projects! Have a great day tomorrow.............
Jan

1 comment:

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Jan,

I don't know how far back you look for comments, so I figured I would post my comment on the newest entry. Just read your look back on Eric's diagnosis. Oh, I can relate to so many of those emotions and memories. Isn't God amazing? And He does such incredible things in our children when they suffer, teaching US so much! Glad you have been a part of our lives, even though it's long distance and through Sarah. :-) And thank you for the prayers and comments on Kendall's Caring Bridge page. I just rejoice and praise God whenever Sarah tells me how awesome Eric is doing. Sending hugs and prayers from Colorado.
June Burnett