Tuesday, August 01, 2006

August.....already!

Wow, only 20 more days until school starts. It seems like we haven't even had a summer! Hopefully we can do an overnighter to Tulsa or something. No summer vacation for the Dorothy's. We're reserving that for Eric's Make a Wish which will be October 14th in Charlotte, NC. Can't wait! I would love to tell him but don't want to spoil the surprise when we have his party.................the first part of October!
It's sooooo hot I can hardly stand it. If only I would shrink everywhere I sweat! I think my thyroid medicine is off again. Depression, weight problems, dry skin and other issues I don't want to mention here!
I made crock pot apple butter today. My friend gave me her mother-in-law's Pampered Chef apple peeler. That's the way to do it! I have a ton of apples though. If you want apples, please call me!
My most favorite manager's last day was Friday. I miss him already. But, time for him to start the new season in their lives. I'm getting to the point where I really ask myself, would I miss this? I know I'd miss the paycheck and the benefits!
Which brings me to my present state of mind. Is is time to move on? Is it time to pursue going back to school? I'd really like to work with kids and believe that's where my gift is. I'm praying for God's direction and perfect will in my and my families lives.
I'm posting pictures of the day it was over 100 degrees and we thought we'd see if an egg would fry on the blacktop. They actually did firm up!
Also, a picture of the Moving Wall.
Here's what we do for fun in the evenings at the Dorothy house............we hit golf balls in our field then go pick them up with the 4 wheeler! Who needs a driving range?
Doug has been working ALOT lately. He's stressed and needs to spend time with his son.....BIG time!
That's it for now. Praying all is well and "cool" in your life!

Jan

The pictures are taking forever...........I'll try again later

No comments: