Well, the M.A.W. lady ended up coming in just after I blogged last night. Soooo we got to go to the qualifying of the Nextel race. It was.................just..........indescribable.........LOUD..........COOL...........AWSOME!!!!! We've got GREAT seats just in front of the Nextel thingy where the winner does the loopy thing. Ok, I know there's terminology for it, just don't know what it is! We say 2 wrecks (also cool!). There were some drunk guys in front of us and they were "happy" (to say the least) and very friendly. Anyway, they asked Doug where we were from and all that so he told them and why we were there. Well, they must have felt sorry for Eric 'cause they each one kept going out and buying him things! He got a Jeff Gordon hat, seat pad and t-shirt. Who says you can't get blessed by anhebriated fellas?!!!! Today we went to a mini Bass Pro, the mall, and the absolute BEST part of today (so far) we got to go on a garage tour, I mean like in the middle of the speedway where it's very controlled and we saw Ryan Newman and Kyle Petty and got like 2 feet from the cars and it was sooo LOUD and it was just the BEST!! Then we got on the golf cart and I talked the driver into stopping at one of the souvenier tents where things were "cheap"! Then we went over to the "Holler" souvenier semis and got some more "stuff" and our headphones for the races. Eric is pooped so we're back at the hotel resting. Tonight we're going to the campground where my aunt and uncle are staying and going to ride the shuttle bus to the race with them. We have a VIP parking pass but traffic is 30 times worse than a Razorback game! Um, can you tell we're having a great time? I got a gazillion pictures, so many that I need to put new batteries in the camera and I can't tell you how many times I've said THANK YOU for the great new little digital camera from M.A.W. Can't wait to update with pictures. If we get time I'll update later. Oh, we met a sweet family with a little boy that has Neuroblastoma. They are staying in the same hotel. I'm finished for now...........I think.
Having fun at NASCAR USA!!!!! Jan
3 comments:
I am so extremely happy for the Dorothy family!! And remember, the drunk guy who saved Carter in the lake when he took one step too many into the deep part! God works in many ways!
Can't wait to hear more....why hearing that Eric got stuff from strangers is making me cry is beyond me.
Have a great time!!!
Sarah
Sarah, that's just what I thought of when that was happening!!!!
I'll call you tonight when the cars start going around the track. I won't be able to hear you so just listen (or put it on speaker phone)!
Sarah, that's just what I thought of when that was happening!!!!
I'll call you tonight when the cars start going around the track. I won't be able to hear you so just listen (or put it on speaker phone)!
Post a Comment