Saturday, October 14, 2006

What more can I say!

That was soooo cool! We had some "colorful" Tony Stewart fans in front of us last night. Eric is having more cultural experiences here than he's had for awhile! If you watched the race in one of the last laps when Carl Edward wrecked he was right in front of us. Man they hit hard! It was late late when we got back to the hotel so we crashed. Today we slept in and then went to Hendrick's museum and gift shop today. Eric got some cool cars so he's been playing Nascar in the back seat while we sit in traffic. It took us about an hour to go 1 1/2 mi so we're going to head to the track in the next 30 minutes. We're having supper with my wonderful Aunt and uncle and family tonight again. Even if you're not a Nascar fan (Doug) you really can't help but get into it when the "ROAR" starts! I called some of you last night, no that wasn't just your answering machine going bad, it was the Busch race.
And, it's so loud you can barely hear the person next to you much less the phone so that's why I didn't talk. Actually, I can't even tell if it's ringing! The weather is a beautiful 55-60 with beautiful blue sunny skies. This is a beautiful state!

We're having fun at Nascar USA!

Jan

1 comment:

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Jan,

Sounds like you are having an incredible time. I know how pampered we felt on our MAW trip, staying at Give Kids the World. Spoiled us all rotten. (Can't believe it's been 4 years already!)

We can't wait to see pictures!

Who knows how the Lord will use Eric's story to minister to the drunken NASCAR fans. ;-) It's obvious their hearts have already been touched.

June (Sarah's sister)