Thursday, February 08, 2007

Pennies for Patients

Our school is raising money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma society through the "Pennies for Patients" program. When Eric was receiving treatment they helped us financially by paying mileage and some of our out of pocket drug expenses. Well imagine my surprise when passing out "Tuesday folder" information (the communications sent home every week) we had a story and picture of "Jonathan" a little guy from ACH who has been there getting treatment both of the last 2 times we were there! I knew it was something Eric and I needed to get involved in, they helped us, and now it is our turn to give back. So yesterday I put together the collection boxes (well, I was a bit "challenged" at first!!) and today Eric and I handed them out to each classroom. Almost all of the teachers said they already had money coming in! Needless to say, our class WILL win the pizza party for the most $$$$$ collected. (Not the point I know but it's a motivator for the kids) We already had 2 students bring money in and it doesn't even start until Monday. How cool is that? I'll keep you posted on "our" progress!!! Have a great FRIDAY!

No comments: