Monday, February 12, 2007

Prayer Request

I'm posting a prayer request tonight for a little guy that lost the cancer battle this afternoon at ACH. Please pray for the family of Alex Finney. wwww.caringbridge.org/visit/alexfinney.
Thanks,
Jan

2 comments:

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Jan, I've just spent the past few hours reading Alex's story. My heart goes out to that family. Just 5 days before his birthday. If you ever want to read about another amazing family, go here: www.steventrapp.com This was a family in San Antonio and the mom's cousin is a friend of mine through Usborne. I followed their story from diagnosis to the end.

I just read a really "good" (if that's what you can call it) book about losing a child. It's called "When the Bough Breaks" by Judith Bernstein (I think that's the correct last name.) Hard, emotional read, but it did have a lot of good info. And it did have some good suggestions on how friends can minister to the bereaved parents.
Praying for this dear family

TheDorothyFamily said...

Thanks June I'll look that one up. I can get soooo caught up in the caringbridge websites but it definately puts things into perspective. Take Care!